Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for skaters and BMX'ers to discuss ideas about the new park to be built in Euxton.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Design Ideas

Go down 
+11
AlexR
daly
Tom
MCB
billyjoelinn
JCWhite
shaun hodge
thom
rob
Thefyst
Crumplezone
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thefyst

Thefyst

Design Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 pm

but seing as stairs are mostly used to just jump over and in themselves have no function other than as an obstacle it wouldnt realy matter what was there.

i mean is it not the same to jump over a flatbank as it is to jump over stairs
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 am

Well yeah. But some people seem to prefer hurling themselves down steps don't they?
Back to top Go down
thom

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 am

i thinks stairs are always an awkward part of skatparks.. to be honest, yeah a flatbank serves the same purpose, but its just never the same. unless theres a rail/hubba goin down the stairs, theyre pretty much pointless.

unless our budget is as large as we hope, and the space we have is big enough i think we should consider goin for flatbanks rather than stairs with them being such a flow killer. unless stairs are something the majority really want, i think we shouldnt really bother..
Back to top Go down
MCB

MCB

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 am

lets face it were not gonna have a huge space to play with anyway so stairs would just kill any lines

i always see stairs at parks, the only use i can is if they got a ledge or rail running down them, so then theres a lot more to do than just jumpin up and down them

but in general stair in a small parks are no good

keep it flowing lots of banks and trannys.... lol trannys
Back to top Go down
rob

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:33 am

we should definately have something like this if we cannot afford masses of transition ie. bowls and quarters everywhere. copied it from a park in london, it looks hella fun

Design Ideas - Page 2 Mudchutemannny

acts as a straight manny/grinding pad on one side and a fun micro quarter on the other. or you could just hop on the pad, and slide into the quarter cos you're that gnarly.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:15 pm

how steep do you think that transition would be? ...it has a lot of potential
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Design Ideas - Page 2 Sp112

here is my continuation of robs idea
Back to top Go down
thom

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 am

nay bad.. the spine is kinda pointless like that though as youll just run straight into the block the other side. what rob has going on is a winner though... i could skate that for hours. as for fun boxes/hubbas, a bit standard to be honest.

fact is were gunnu have the chance to build with some of the best developers of skateparks in the country. we should really test them with designs rather than using a standard funbox with rail and hubba format.. get something really different going on.

been away all weekend, but gunnu try knock out some ideas this afternoon.. looking good so far though peeps.
Back to top Go down
rob

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:53 am

i think womble (?) has got a bit mixed up. the block is only like 25cm high and the micro quarter is like 35cm tall. its not a huge platform or anything.

trying to find some footage of the one at mudchute.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:39 am

yeah your probably right about the spine bein useless.

allthough a long and reasonably low flatbar is something i realy want
Back to top Go down
rob

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:13 pm

art attack time! knocked up a few designs involving stairs in googlesketchup.

Design Ideas - Page 2 Parkdesign1
Design Ideas - Page 2 Parkdesgin2

thinking of ways to increase the flow around steps in parks. i reckon the first design is a lot more compateble and more flow than the other. plus both goofs and reggs skaters can hit up the rail cos it's in the middle but then again its narrower for doing tricks over the stairs.
but having a step up/bank up would be sick.
Back to top Go down
thom

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 am

nay bad rob.. reminds me of bolton parks set up, check out the pics in the latest gravity park thread. some of their block arrangments loook sick
Back to top Go down
rob

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:42 am

Design Ideas - Page 2 Ufo

fear the UFO pad
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:13 am

ooh ufo pad...thats good

transition or flatbank?
Back to top Go down
thom

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:25 am

thats sick rob. would defo have to be transistion. mellow like and decent height on the block for stalls/mannys. keep em coming rob!
Back to top Go down
rob

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:14 am

yeah, you'd want a very mellow transition for that thing.

i don't know about the scale though. the pad on top should be about 3ish metres across so it doesnt soak up loads of room in the park.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 pm

i had to have a go with sketchup....its sick

Design Ideas - Page 2 Park110

something like that

but on this kinda scale

Design Ideas - Page 2 Skatep10
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm

i like the look of this place in new south wales, Austrailia

Design Ideas - Page 2 Skate4
Back to top Go down
daly

daly

PostSubject: seating   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am

i recently came back from falmouth, went to the Truro skate plaza. it was a beast, really good.
only ting was, in certain spots you got people hangin out, not skatin and it kinda got in the way.

suggestion be benches round the outside, Truro didnt have any. they need not be a seating area cos if you could dot em about then they could end up being another feature when no one be sittin on em. dot a few around the perimeter could work in a a couple at the top of a flat bank or something?

dont have any beef with folks hangin around but if you've got a limited amount of time in the day its a ballache to keep asking people, however politely, "could you scootch over a wee bit please?"

i couldnt find any decent pictures but ill keep searching....
Back to top Go down
AlexR

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:21 am

Add grind boxes/ rails
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 am

Design Ideas - Page 2 Spineb10

this was hard to draw ...the corners shouldnt be as pointy as they are in the pic but u get the idea
Back to top Go down
jordz2k9

PostSubject: shallow   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:01 am

Thefyst wrote:
i had to have a go with sketchup....its sick

Design Ideas - Page 2 Park110

something like that

but on this kinda scale

Design Ideas - Page 2 Skatep10

ye but that looks well shallow bmxers wouldnt be able to ride that
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:04 am

its just a quick drawing...its dificult to get angles and dimensions perfect.

im sure theres a way to make it rideable for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Nick S

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:04 am

Greetz everyone... this is Nick (Young peoples worker that ya see around Euxton & at the skatepark meets).
Just a quick link to say.. well played.... you represent yerselves really well at the meets & some of yer ideas/designs are just wicked.

Keep up the momentum.... C ya at next meet if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:58 am

Design Ideas - Page 2 Bowlro10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Design Ideas
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Euxton Skate Park :: Discussions & Questions-
Jump to: