Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for skaters and BMX'ers to discuss ideas about the new park to be built in Euxton.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Design Ideas

Go down 
+11
AlexR
daly
Tom
MCB
billyjoelinn
JCWhite
shaun hodge
thom
rob
Thefyst
Crumplezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:23 am

What do people want in the proposed Euxton skatepark?

Myself, I'd like a park that had sections that were fairly separate, but could be skated as a whole when quiet.

I think that big open bowl designs don't work well when there are more that a few people using the park. Especially if there are BMXers. You get a lot of people's lines crossing over, people get in each other's way and collisions occur.

I was involved in the design of Clitheroe park and that was why it's laid out as it is. There's separate bowl, street and miniramps, but the bottom section of the park flows together.

Some sort of small to medium bowl would be good plus a plaza style section. I quite like small miniramps with spines. Something like at Ramp City Blackpool, but maybe a bit bigger.

Other people no doubt have other ideas. Let's have em.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:08 pm

I completely understand the issues of overcrowding and bowl parts in parks but there just so much more fun.

I also would like something unusual possibly something like thisDesign Ideas DryRidgeDragon

i will post more ideas as i find them

Jacob
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:42 am

The new park in Hereford done by Wheelscape has a similar feature. It looks like a good park generally. Just the sort of thing I had in mind.

http://www.wheelscape.co.uk/skatepark-galleries.php?g=11

I agree that some quirky unusual stuff would be good.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am

yeah i like that park a lot. The pool may be a bit much for euxton and the double stair doesnt do much for me but otherwise I would very much like to have something like that.
Back to top Go down
rob

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Design Ideas Humpofdoom

FEAR THE HUMP OF DOOM
Back to top Go down
thom

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:39 am

Lovin it rob, im gunnu knock out a few sketches soon, ill post em up once they're done!
Back to top Go down
rob

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 am

Design Ideas Getradordie
Back to top Go down
shaun hodge

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: the build   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 am

i thikn e should have a strret section with shizzle where u can make lines with a set at end ayby rail in the middle to get seshing Smile
Back to top Go down
JCWhite

JCWhite

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: concrete   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:33 am

i visited a park in middlesborough called plaza and despite clearly being well funded it came off kinda lame cos becuase the concrete on ledges and other obstacles was bare when it was grinded by bmxers it was being chipped away and therefore making ot harder for boarders and bladers to use. i think we should have metaledges/coping on as much as we can so we can ensure its use for all extreme sporters and also make it last. also loving robs hump
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:21 am

I seem to remember that having metal on ledges was one of the things Maverick mentioned that they do generally. Concrete pool coping on bowls is cool, but as you say does get mangled by BMX pegs. That's why many parks in the USA ban bikes with pegs.

Maintenance costs will obviously need to be considered for the Euxton park. As the idea seems to be to build in concrete, these shouldn't be too bad for a good few years.

The Middlesborough park is known as Prissick Plaza. Their idea was to recreate famous skate spots from around the world. That's why they ended up with a 15 foot deep bowl that only a handful of UK skater can skate properly. Rune Glifberg and Lance Mountain apparently ripped it up though at a demo that was held there a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
billyjoelinn

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: design ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:52 am

It would be good also to have a few flat bars or boxes etc, that way people can learn basics before progressing to the bigger stuff, grindin is hard enough to learn with what the area has at the moment. haha

And i think a big focus should be on the ground!!!! haha....loads o skateparks would be better if they just had smooth ground, that has probably already been considered bein so obvious, but thought id say it anyway.

A step up would be cool, much like the one in the boltons small park, just built into a fun box.

perhaps a nice roll - in for speed

mini ramp

pyraminds are pretty fun too

like in the corners i mean not this steep though haha

just me first couple o thoughts
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 am

A flat ground section with maybe a few small rails and boxes etc would be cheap to build and perhaps would solve to some degree the issue we currently have with the budget not being sufficient to build a park covering all of the available area. An area like this would be well used no doubt.

I saw a video of the current/old (don't know if it's still there) Euxton park, a tiny pyramid like that park had would maybe be a good inclusion as a kind of 'tribute' to what Euxton skaters had to put up with for many years.
Back to top Go down
MCB

MCB

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 am

one thing that i really wanna make sure about this park is that it doesnt forget the bmxers

i hate those lil piddly 3 ft high woodward cheapo parks that the council seems to like to put everywhere the moment some people ask for a skatepark

i do think for this park to have any impact and to grabs some more support and members its gonna need to have something unique and will make people wanna come ride it

wat im thinking is a nice techy street section maybe some curved ledges on a stairsetlike a good 5 or six stair so could even clear ledge if ya wanted, then some good jumpboxs like 2 volcanos to keep the bmxers happy even keep the trails bmxers happy with those, a nice bowl with a hip/ spine would be so awesome and i know the skaters would love that too.

im gonna do some sketches and will post them as soon asap
Back to top Go down
thom

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:17 am

MCB wrote:
one thing that i really wanna make sure about this park is that it doesnt forget the bmxers

i hate those lil piddly 3 ft high woodward cheapo parks that the council seems to like to put everywhere the moment some people ask for a skatepark

i do think for this park to have any impact and to grabs some more support and members its gonna need to have something unique and will make people wanna come ride it

wat im thinking is a nice techy street section maybe some curved ledges on a stairsetlike a good 5 or six stair so could even clear ledge if ya wanted, then some good jumpboxs like 2 volcanos to keep the bmxers happy even keep the trails bmxers happy with those, a nice bowl with a hip/ spine would be so awesome and i know the skaters would love that too.

im gonna do some sketches and will post them as soon asap

some good points there mate.. i definantly agree, i might not be a bmxer myself, but we cant forget about you guys, i know theres quite the scene round euxton parts

it would be nice for the skaters to have a decent plaza style section, a few ledges 2-3 ft high say, and a few flat bars.. but one thing that i think is really important is flow! ive been to so many parks where its just the same old segregated - bowl - funbox - street section. what i think we really want is a park good for crusing around... something with really quirky intresting lines, something we can never get bored of..

im gunnu start knocking up some sketches this weekend, ive got loadss of ideas just bursting to be put on paper!
Back to top Go down
MCB

MCB

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 am

yeah im gettin pretty tired of the whole flatbank into a funbox into a quarter setup

it really is crazy how many bmxers there are round here spesh in places like leyland and southport plus chorley is gettin quite a big crew goin too i mean only a few months ago we was with a few pros on parklands shooting for dig so i mean if they can come all the way to chorley for a banked wallride im pretty sure theyll wanna come for good set up park

im gonna get as many peeps as i can to get theyre asses on here and show some support

another good idea i think would be maybe gettin hold of alans or winstanleys as theyre are two really big skate and bmx suppliers and see if you can get some backing off them even if its just to get some flyers up in the shop it will help a lot
Back to top Go down
thom

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 am

thats sick, never knew there was a photo shoot at parklands.. all the years i went there i eyed up that bank, only skated it a few times to be honest. thats another thing we should try and add, a decent bank to wall, with quarters either side or sommit, hours of fun!

my mate neil; dont think hes on the forum but ill get him on here; works at scene. ill knock up some flyers or sommit and get him to dish em out. ill try knock them out for the next meeting a chuck a load at you bmxers.. that sound good?
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 am

As I suggested earlier, I'm more in favour of 'controlled ' flow. Parks that are all one big area are great when there's only a few using it, but an absolute nightmare when they're busy. You get people crossing all over the place and collisions are inevitable. Especially when there are inexperienced people about who ride round totally oblivious to anyone else's lines.

That doesn't mean we can't have something interesting and unique though (it's got to be!) with the possibility of flow through the whole park when it's quiet.

From the builders that have been invited to make presentations so far, it seems that Euxton Parish Council are serious about wanting to provide something of high quality, so it looks like prefab ramps on tarmac like all those parks in the area round Chorley aren't even being considered. I think everybody involved would agree that sprayed concrete is the only way to go.
Back to top Go down
billyjoelinn

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: design ideas...   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:13 am

concrete is definately the way to go!
nothing compares for an outdoor park, wood just rots, metal and plastic warp
i love concrete haha

i agree the ledes etc need to avoid being destroyed by grindin, just with the metal coping

I think a pyramid slotted into the corner, quite big like this would be cool
https://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=86994#/photo.php?pid=2109526&id=686172469&ref=mf

and a step up kinda like this
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2109526&id=686172469#/photo.php?pid=2109525&id=686172469
fun for all the family haha

also it would be ideal to make the park usable for beginners n more experienced skaters etc....so people who are not 'die hard handrail destroyers' can practice in the park and become them when they feel ready, so have you know the basics and progress to more complex/crazy stuff
Back to top Go down
MCB

MCB

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 am

yeah i was out with a few guys shooting there was some good stuff goin down

then i looked in dig a few weeks back and even owain clegg came down to check out parklands

A nice bank to wall ride would be a pretty sweet lil thing, deffo need a quarter next to the bank for some really sweet transfers tho.

do you know how much area there is approx? i just wanna know what scale to be working on for the sketches
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:49 am

[img]Design Ideas Pictur11[/img]

What you think I got some more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:53 am

Design Ideas Pictur12[img]

Second idea.
Back to top Go down
rob

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 am

hahaha! somebody's been playing skate2

there shouldn't be any stairs in this park, they ruin the flow

...plus i can't do sets
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:01 am

I think steps are OK if there's a flat bank alongside. Than you've got the choice of whether to do the steps or not and you can also go up the flatbank which you obviously can't do with a stairset of any height.
Back to top Go down
Thefyst

Thefyst

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:17 am

i agree steps are bad....replace it with a gap like they got at ramp city
Back to top Go down
Crumplezone

Crumplezone

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 am

If there's enough width, you could have steps, a flat bank and a Wembley gap alongside each other. Which pleases everybody without compromising anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Design Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design Ideas   Design Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Design Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Euxton Skate Park :: Discussions & Questions-
Jump to: